VASTHU SHASTRA – THE SCIENCE OF HAPPINESS & PROSPERITY
1. Shikhi (NE) :
Vasthu is not a myth or a superstition as many in the modern world would like to believe. Vasthu is a science developed centuries ago for designing
buildings like palaces or modest homes and work places. The ancient epic ‘The Mahabharatha’ also refers to Lord Vishwakarma and his science of
architecture in the construction of the Lakshagraha (Wax Palace). Vasthu provides the basics of construction especially in harnessing the energies
of nature for the betterment of home and society.
Vastu Shastra is based on the concept of scientifically combining the five basic elements – earth, water, fire, air and sky – to create a pleasant
setting. Vasthu principles integrated with architecture boost health, wealth, energy and prosperity and make the living or working atmosphere
serene and enlightened.
Sky (West) denotes expansions and enhancements; Vayu (East, Northeast) joy and happiness; Agni (South) power and fame; Water (North) spirituality
& healing; and Earth (Centre) for stability, peace & harmony
The foundation of a dream home
The following are some of the golden principles of Vastu Shastra which need to be followed while constructing a new home or renovating an old place:
House next to temple, hospital or grave-yard should be avoided because these places emit negative energies.
No one should sleep or sit under a beam of iron. Beams can cause severe stress, shoulder pain, headaches and joint problems. If there is a beam between husband and wife, it can cause marital discord.
The head of the family’s bedroom should be in the southwest corner of the building, which has an auspicious effect on the inhabitants of the house.
Mandir or puja room should be in the northeast as one should face east to make prayers effective and enjoy the Lord’s blessings.
Kitchen should be in southeast as this direction is governed by fire. The northwest is also a good alternative location.
The entrance to the house should be in the East, West or North to be beneficial to the residents
2. PARJANYA (NE) :
- Third eye of Shiva.
- Power to conceive any idea.
- Heavy stuff kept here can also cause imbalance.
- Issues of eyesight.
- Office gate here will cause problems related to electricity.
- Entrance here gives fire, accidents and losses.
- Kitchen here causes anger and frustration, lots of mental disturbance.
- A store over here causes blocked mind set.
- A toilet here can be associated with mental defects.
- Sitting here for long time can give disinterestedness in life.
3, JAYAN I (ENE):
- Best place to meditate. Gives insights.
- Flora and Fauna suitable here.
- More female births than males.
- Effects more females of the home than males.
- Females are more bold and dominating.
- Lot of efforts without any result if toilet here.
- Related to women Fertility issues if imbalance.
- Washing machine here - females cannot conceive.
- Dustbin can cause cyst.
- No adequate returns if kitchen here.
- Mother child photo improves their relationship.
- Flower bouquet gives good result.
- Fruit basket creates abundance.
- Entrance here gives expenditure too.
4. MAHENDRA / INDRA (EB):
- Successful in all understanding.
- Goals and enthusiasm and ideas.
- Sword when put here, may make one critical and bitter in language.
- Bedroom makes a person street smart.
- Toilet has negative effects on children, they will not be able to express well. Will be very simplistic and shy.
- Sometimes, presence of black calour ar circle gives negative effects.
- Wine storage or book store will gives benefits in terms of social mingling.
- Plants are very good here.
- It teaches Sam Daam Danda Bheda. Kut Neeti.
- Entrance here equipped the residents with everything that helps them enjoy success in the materialistic world/money, profits and success.
- Living room and dining are good here.
- Effects on the mind.
- Helps with ercative solution.
- Itriparls action and delermitialion.
5. SURYA (EB):
- Great association, powerful contacts, luxury, grants maney.
- If one needs powerful contacts, one needs to treat this zone.
- Balance Varun and Yama along with Indra. The results shall be better.
- Table-chair in office here gives top position in company.
- If zone is balanced, put Ashoka Pillar. Gives Government related benefits.
- No recognition of efforts if there is a tailet. Socially, the family will be looked down upon.
- Powerful connections with bedroom here.
- Living room here gives beneficial connections.
- Sleeping here changes ones temperament and choices.
6. SATYA (E):
- Atma or Soul.
- Guardian Power and Controller of System.
- Farsightedness and increases Observation Power.
- Controls comes only with great observation.
- Chief of 9 planets.
- Depicted by 7 horses chariot.
- It balances energy and strength of the residents.
- Door here gives short temperament and aggressive behaviour.
- If boss is sitting here, he feels work environment is not in his control.
- Poster or Murti of lord Vishnu here is very beneficial here.
- Presence of Copper Sun is advisable when overall fire element is weak. Even if South is also weak, copper sun can be beneficial.
- Brass sun is generally beneficial.
- If this energy field is weak, the men of the house are very mellow and soft.
- Kitchen will brings aggression.
- Orange colour will bring positive result.
- Things will not be very systematic and organised in the home or office, if this field is weak.
- Imbalances in this energy field can be associated to lack of sex drive in men.
- If the owner of the house complains that “nobody listens to me”, then check this field.
- Temple placement has not shown any negative effects.
7. BHRISHA (ESE) :
- Goodwill and credibility creator.
- Attributes very close to Surya.
- It imparts the power of right thinking.
- Encourages fulfilling of commitment.
- Biggest commitment is Marriage. Imbalances in this zone needs to be balanced if there are challenges in marriage.
- Imbalance here will make the person to move from one partner to another.
- Mirror can be dangerous here.
- Others too, also fail to fulfil their commitment towards you, when imbalanced.
- Green plants is ok but blue colour has shown negative effects in some cases. People will not fulfil their promise.
8. AAKASH (SE):
- Brings out something by rubbing two things.
- Action will not be executed if this field is weak.
- Will think excessively if this field is weak, so the end result will be disturbed.
- Can be balanced by keeping Mixer-Grinder.
- Analytical capability is disturbed if this is weak.
- Acut here will not lead to any decision making.
- White colour has not shown negative effects here.
- This is Kama Devta, energy of that creates Desires.
- Blue colour may cause to the worst of problems.
- Presence of sewerage gives unfavourable results here.
- Metallic art and show pieces are not desirable.
- Sewing machine here leads to BP fluctuation and anxiety.
- Elderly couple sleeping here - wife may be continuously ill.
- If the thinking/analysis, is not good, examine this field.
- If boss is sitting here, he is very strict and thus leads to problems in the future.
- Dustbin may not always be favourable here.
- Kamdhenu to be placed here.
9. ANIL (SE):
- Space between earth and heaven.
- This is the oxygen needed to make anything happen.
- Manifestation is possible only through Akash.
- If this are stuck (Atak gaya hai), like payment or marriage, then look at this zone.
- Door causes financial losses.
- If you keep anything here, people will recognise it and appreciate it.
- If this zone is weak, cause high chances of theft.
- Sri Yantra if kept here has shown positive results.
- Placement of red bulb is good.
- Gives aggression and body rashes if imbalanced.
- Copper is good to balance this zone.
- Field of Venus, thus affects females more than males if imbalanced.
- Cut in this field, elder son of the house is away from home and not a part of the family.
- If there is a store, it adversely effects the happy events in life.
10. PUSHA (SE):
- Lord of Wind energy.
- If someone says, the work is not even starting “kaam shuru hi nahi ho raha hai”, then check this energy field.
- Door here effects the elder son negatively.
- Semen count is less in case of childbirth if this energy is disturbed.
- Sleeping may cause restlessness in females.
- Presence of yellow colour may heavy cash crunch.
11. VITATHA (SSE) :
- This is nourishing like mother nourishes a child.
- Best place to keep Ghee.
- Safeguard of everything including money.
- If payment blocked. Check this zone.
- This becomes the fuel to continue the fire.
- Keep a Red Mat here to get back blocked money.
- If the child growth is not satisfactory in the mother’s womb, keep a red mat and Ghee for best results.
- Imbalance causes problem in family bonding.
- Family photos kept here increases the bonding here strongly amongst the family members.
- Blue colour here shows weakened body.
- Children will not be self sufficient if imbalance here.
- A person will work under someone if this zone is imbalanced.
- Toilet here will cause bad growth of child.
- Keep a Fevicol tube to improve family bonding.
- Keep a Hanuman Ji photo showing strength there.
12. GRUHAKSHAT (S):
- Pretender, Untrue.. Associated with Falsehood.
- When this field is extended, all family member think highly of themselves.
- If zone is balanced, self confidence is very good.
- Imbalance will cause only show-off.
- Door here can cause use of unethical means.
- People make False commitments.
- Sleeping here people become very bossy.
- Toilets here, can cause people to feel that their capabilities are limited. Creates feelings of Self-doubt.
- Door gives prosperity and abundance.
13. YAMA (S):
- Gruha mean Mann and Akshat means Dayra (Mann ka dayara).
- Helps in self control.
- This is very important to achieve success in all desires.
- Defines the boundary of mind.
- When imbalance, people forget their responsibilities and become relaxed and gain casual attitude.
- Door is great here. Resident enjoy the life.
- Blue colour may cause court cases or misunderstanding.
- Cause conflicts and commitment failure. Gives bad company of friends.
- Big water body causes indiscipline students.
- Lack of peace if imbalanced.
- Children will be better disciplined if they sleep here and good behaviour.
- If imbalanced, people will not listen to others advice.f confidence if balanced.
14. GANDHARV (S) :
- Denotes self control and moral duty.
- Imparts a sense of responsibility.
- Makes right choices and lead a discipline life.
- Yama is the Lord of Justice
- Individual faces weak determination and lack of self control. This leads to debts and blocked mind.
- People sitting or sleeping here are self motivated and self controlled.
- Imbalance here cause low morals amongst residents.
- Toilet here lowers the moral values.
- Water storage here gives a feeling of black magic.
- Musical keyboard kept here makes one practice regularly.
- Death, blocked minds.
- Self control is missing if imbalanced.
15. BHRINGRAJ (SSW) :
- People good in music are called Gandharv.
- Balanced gives relaxation , happiness, vacations.
- If area is cut, people will not take vacations for a long time.
- If extended and living room placed here, people are in party mood and don't take anything seriously.
- Sleeping here gives bad thoughts.
- If kitchen here , people want variety in food.
- Dining table will cause excess expenditure of food items.
- TV, Musical systems is source of recreation here.
- Alcohol can be kept here.
- If extended, people will be extra relaxed and if cut, people will be extra active.
- Extend this area in Hotel business. It will increase foot fall.
16. MRIGHA (SW) :
- Imparts the discretionary power.
- What should be kept or removed in life.
- Helps in controlling abortion and miscarriages.
- Gives the wisdom to assess things properly.
- Toilet is excellent here.
- All efforts are wasted if bed placed here.
- If extended, gives more females births in family.
- It is advised to spend 20 minutes to let go of useless thoughts and things.
- Entrance - total wastage of efforts.
- If someone asks "kya kare ya na kare “, then check this energy field.
- Causes rigid mind if more time is spent here.
17. PITRA (SW) :
- Generator of curiosity.
- Imparts the ability to grasp the essence of things.
- Keeps searching for satisfying his curiosity.
- It helps to decode the secret of skills.
- Skills and proficiencies and raise their standards to optimal levels.
- Keep study table and tools.
- Eagle here gives foresight and detailing. Gives broader vision.
- Toilet here, diminishes the capabilities of learning and thinking.
- Fire hampers the power to learn anything new.
18. DAUWARIK (SW) :
- Responsible for childbirth and marriage.
- Family bonding, love and understanding.
- Will keep struggling with the difficulties of life if imbalanced.
- People say “hum poori tarah se disturb ho jate hai. Humari prosperity disturb ho jati hai ”.
- Toilet here causes instability in life.
- Everyday problems in life if imbalanced.
- Sleeping here makes a person highly critical and perfectionist.
- Will impose his thoughts on his family. So constant tension between elders and children.
- Kitchen here cause digestion issues. More challenges to the males.
- Sewerage will cause serious health issues.
- Aloe Vera plant can cause piles problem.
- Dont keep tools here.
- Family photo here with yellow light is best.
19. SUGREEV (WSW) :
- Decides what enters the life and what to be omitted.
- Acts as filter in life.
- Responsible for step wise knowledge.
- Power of discretion / discrimination.
- When a person complains of “total wastage of efforts”, look at Daurika also along with Bhringraj.
- Nandi remedy is best here.
- Insecure relationship if this zone is weak.
- A piggy bank is associated with savings.
- Bed here makes one mindful and cautious. Better capability of understanding.
- Weak zone causes a person not to be able to use money or save money.
- Imbalances here makes a person waste money on useless products.
- Gives the student a right gauge of what to study and how much im
20. PUSHPDANT (W):
- Good grasping power.
- One who can salve problems by merely listening to the problems.
- Power to memorise things.
- Best place to make Gym or akhada.
- Problem of forgetfulness or inability to remember if washing machine here.
- Red colour causes irritation towards to newer ideas.
- Village scene in black frames gives the power to decide where to invest and where not to invest.
- Buying a property becomes easy.portance to give to a subject.
21. VARUN (W/):
- Power of blessing.
- Gives the power to overcome day to day problems.
- Imbalance cause inability to conduct day to day matters.
- Gaja Lakshmi is a very good remedy here.
- Bedroom gives great opportunities and makes one successful.
- Living room here with Black colour sofa makes all discussion fruitful.
- White flowers are a great remedy here.
- Blue colour give good results.
- Safe (Tijari) - best place. Is very useful.
- If balanced, receives help from all sides.
22. ASUR (W):
- God of Water and Oceans.
- Black Circle is a good remedy here.
- Ability to see, Vision.
- Give the energy to give the best performance in all tasks.
- Sleeping here makes a person perfectionist and over ambitious.
- Good financial position If entrance here.
23. SHOSHA (WNW) :
- Mayavi Asur, the one Out of harmony.
- Gives knowledge and light if balanced.
- Imbalance creates illusion.
- Leads to Anti-social work, if imbalanced.
- Imbalances makes one tempted to use wrong methods to get things done.
- If balanced, gives depth in spirituality.
- If a person sleeps here, he achieves an attractive personality but can also be in depression. They are generally mentally strong.
25. ROG (NW) :
- Residents feel low due to negative experiences and mental breakdown, if this one zone is imbalanced. Balance
helps them in supporting themselves.
- Ability to communicate out thoughts and share our feelings and clear our hearts to feel light..
- Thyroid problem.
- Cut cause depression in life. Inability to express emotion.
- Shoe-rack and dustbin can be kept here.
25. ROG (NW) :-
- Causes disease, weak mind, negative behaviour.
- Residents unable to control their heart and talk only negative things.
- Entrance here is bad. Can give addiction.
26. NAG (NW):
- Drainer of energies, Fever.
- If balanced, it destroys diseases and gives abilities to deal with tough times.
- Death like pain if entrance here.
- If balanced, makes a person energetic and supportive.
- Toilet - fails to receive support.
- Mother of the family is more disturbed if imbalanced.
- Grey Stones or similar photos kept here give stability.
- If someone claims - “boss is not supporting, keep his own photo with boss here”
- Family photo also recommended here.
- Brass element is good here.
27. MUKHYA (NNW) :
- Generates Lust and desire.
- Entrance causes jealousy.
- Imbalance here will attract people but they will be jealous.
- Products here will attract people.
- Mirror here may increase materialistic desires manifold.
- Ironing table is not recommended here.
- Shoe-rack is not allowed.
- Residents are less liked by others if dustbin if kept here. People don’t want to attach themselves to such residents.
- Lakshmi ji Silver Moorti is excellent for Financial Gains.
28. BHALLAT (N):
- If zone is well organised, the house will be well organised.
- If the mother or mother in law is sleeping here, she will be a great caretaker of the house.
29. SOMA (N):
- Helps to achieve huge things in life.
- Safekeeper of Kuber’s wealth.
- Male dominated family if entrance here.
- Imbalance - discord with father and the children will not get any property from father.
- Keep a money plant with big leaves.
30. BHUJANG (N):
- Power to earn profits.
- Associated with Moon.
- Understanding of money.
- Gate here makes fire weak and thus makes a person satisfied.
- He is the lord of Speech also called “Vachaspati”.
- He rules over the mind.
31. ADITI (NNE):
- Anant Naga. Protects the treasure of health.
- If imbalance, the person is very rude and talks very ill. Can disregard anyone.
- Mind is restless an easily irritable.
- Dustbin will cause irritation in throat.
- Heavy goods will cause problem in Jaws and mouth area.
- Water storage will cause continuous cold and cough.
- Kitchen is worst here.
- Store will only give diseases.
- Door, Toilet, Dampness will cause major illness.
32. DITI (NE):
- Power to overcome all obstacles.
- No mental peace if imbalanced.
- To balance life, this zone must be balanced.
- If while concluding things, we come under stress at the last moment, look at this field for any imbalance.
- Motherlike field.
- If we feel directionless, then check this field.
- If this zone is extended, person will keep searching for Gurus to solve their problems
33. RUDRA (NW) :
- Broad mind, Far-sightedness.
- It impacts to the very deep level.
- Removes all duality if balanced.
- Power to say NO comes from this field.
- Imbalanced, people will not follow the traditions and rules/confused mind.
- Gives spirituality if entrance here and female dominance with important roles in life.
34. RUDRA JAYA / RAJYAKSHAMA (NW) :
- Channelising support.
- Shiva form responsible for flow of activities.
- Sustaining day to day activities without interruption.
- Emotional imbalance.
- Flow of ideas.
- Ability to complete work with ease.
35. APAHA (NE) :
- The Holder
- It helps to stop the idea in the mind for further implementation.
- If imbalanced, support will come but will not last.
36. APAHAVATSA (NE) :
- Associated with healing.
- If imbalance, it will destroy the healing power.
- Ability to face the challenges and overcome it.
37. SAVITA (SE) :
Apaha brings ideas, Apahavatsa carriers these ideas towards practical application.
38. SAVITRA (SE) :
- Power of meditation
- This zone is capable of giving solutions for any type of problems.
- Balance will give support , determination and will power.
- Ganesh ji presense in this zone is very very good.
39. INDRA (SW/) :
- Unlimited capabilities to work.
- Gayatri mantra is dedicated to this Deity.
- Shree Yantra is beneficial here.
40, JAYA(SW/) :
Family stability, basic growth, thought process.
41. BHUDHAR (NNW, N. NNE):
- Channel in which the thought process of Indra can be manifested.
42. ARYAMA (ENE, E, ESE):
43. VIVASWAN (SSE. S, SSW):
- Supports growth.
- Connects to the material world.
- Helps to get a bride for a groom.
44. MITRA (WSW, WV, W/NW) :
- Controller of Change.
- Initiates and moves the manifestations process ahead.
45. BRAHMA (Center) :
- Power of stimulation and coordination.
- Power of halding the world together.